Do you want to learn how to cope with your chronic condition or chronic pain to better manage your symptoms and daily life? This six-week session will show you how.
Self-Management of Chronic Conditions is a course developed by Lorig et al. at Stanford University. It is designed to teach you how to cope better with a broad range of chronic health conditions. Workshops are held in Tweed throughout the year, as needed. Teams of two leaders teach each class, and at least one of the leaders is a layperson who also has a chronic condition.
- Gain a greater sense of control over your life.
- Grasp the realities of living with a chronic condition.
- Learn how to cope with pain, depression, lifestyle changes, and medication issues.
- Learn about relaxation techniques and tips on eating well.
- Feel better about yourself and succeed in everyday life.
- Deal with negative emotions and learn to effectively solve problems.
- Set weekly goals and create a personalized fitness exercise program.
- Learn to work with your healthcare provider, and plan for the future.