- Have pain or infection from tooth decay?
- Have difficulty eating and drinking due to tooth pain?
- Have a chronic condition that’s impacted by your oral health?
- Use the emergency department to manage your dental pain?
Oral Health is fundamental to overall health, well-being and quality of life. Unfortunately, many people are unable to access regular dental care and present at the local hospital’s emergency department for treatment for pain and infection. The Southeast LHIN has provided project funding to Gateway CHC to offer dental services to those residing in Central and North Hastings (Stirling-Tweed-Marmora-Madoc and Bancroft) who meet the program criteria in an effort to reduce the number of emergency department visits and improve people’s overall health.
The program is designed to provide oral health services to low income seniors, individuals and families without dental insurance who are at high risk for poor health.
- Individuals and families with a net income less than $35,000
- Individuals and families on Ontario Works (OW)
- Individuals and families on Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP)
- Individuals and families on the Ontario Seniors Dental Care Program (OSDCP)
The oral health team is comprised of a dentist, a dental hygienist, a dental assistant. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call 613-478-1211 ext. 315.