Thank you for considering a career at Gateway Community Health Centre.
At GCHC our team is committed to providing people-centred care and our inter-professional team makes the difference. GCHC employees are innovative, and creative professionals who deliver programs and services that help our clients live a healthier life.
Gateway Community Health Centre is pleased to offer summer student positions, as they become available, from May to August. If you are a student living in our community, and enrolling in post-secondary studies in the fall, and you would like to spend your summer working with us, please submit your resume in March. If you are a match for our posted summer student experience we will contact you for an interview.
Volunteering At Gateway Community Health Centre Offers Community Members the opportunity to meet People, Give Back to their Community and “Have Fun”!
Volunteers make a valuable contribution to the programs that we offer at Gateway CHC. Volunteers enable us to expand programming and increase participant numbers so that we may offer more programs in our community.
High school students are welcome to volunteer to obtain your hours of community service. This is also a great opportunity to gain experience for your resume.To download our volunteer application form click here or contact Gateway CHC at 613-478-1211 for details.
Volunteering is a rewarding experience for our volunteers and our clients.
Volunteers assist with the following programs:
- Playgroup and Cradling Arms
Assist with snack preparation and activities for children and provide support to new moms and their infants.
- Tutoring Support
This program for school-aged children provides help with reading and reading comprehension. Each child receives one-to-one attention.
- Community Volunteer Income Tax Program
Help people in our community complete simple income tax returns. Training is provided.
- Kindergarten Readiness
This summer program prepares preschoolers for their first full day school experience.
- Babies and Beyond
Assist with snack preparation and activities in this program designed for teen parents and their children.
- Cooking Sessions
Help our dietitian prepare and deliver cooking demonstrations in programs like Community Kitchen.
- Annual Flu Clinic
Register clients at our annual flu clinics. Educate the public on infection control.
Board of Directors
Are you interested in serving on the Gateway Community Health Centre’s Board of Directors?
Who is eligible to apply?
- Must be over 18 years of age and either live or work within the catchment area* or possess expertise that would enhance capabilities of the Board.
- Must be (or willing to become) a member of the Corporation
- Must support our mission, vision and values and the CHC Model of Care
What skills/experience are we looking for?
If you have expertise and/or experience in the areas of:
- Financial Management
- Experience with the governance of an organization
- Health Planning
- Computer skills
What is the time commitment?
- Volunteer up to 5 hours per month by attending one Board meeting per month and participate on a Board Committee (essential)
- Participate in Board education sessions (orientation) or planning and decision-making sessions at least once a year (essential)
- Attend constituency and board-to-board meetings which occur twice a year (desirable)
What does the Board do?
The Board is responsible for stewardship of the organization. Its responsibilities include ensuring:
- Active participation in strategic planning and ensure a strategic plan
- Assessing and monitoring strategic and operational level indicators against targets and outcomes
- Effective communication with stakeholders
- Overseeing risk management (protection of the organization – assets, reputation)
- Integrity of processes and management systems
- Development of trustworthy governance practices, and
- Accountability to stakeholders and funders
How do I apply?
- Please forward your letter of interest indicating why you would like to serve on the Board and how your experience and/or expertise relates to the four areas noted above to:
Gateway Community Health Centre,
41 McClellan St., Bag Service 99,
Tweed, Ontario, K0K 3J0
Attention: Chair of Governance
For further information, please contact the Executive Assistant at (613) 478-1211.